Essential when traveling, travel insurance safeguards you for the unplannable events that can happen whilst you’re away from your home country. Don’t leave home without it!
Travel insurance is not only about medical insurance. It covers you when you lose your camera, someone steals your laptop, your luggage gets lost or if your flight is cancelled … or even if (your worst nightmare) a family crisis occurs whilst you’re away and you need to head home in a hurry.
For just a few dollars a day, it should be an essential part of your travel kit, and hope you never need to use it! Peace of mind!
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
You can buy, extend and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 150 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
Why buy travel insurance from World Nomads.com?
- Backed by specialist insurers and global assistance partners
- Buy Online, even if you’ve already left home
- Extend and claim online while travelling
- Covers a range of adventure sports and activities
- Give a little back and support a community development project
What to look for in a policy:
- Ensure coverage is available for most countries in the world
- Coverage for injury, accident and sudden illness
- Coverage for lost, damaged or stolen possessions ie: cameras, jewelry, luggage etc
- Coverage for your expensive IT and electronics equipment
- Coverage for cancellations ie: flights, hotel bookings and other bookings if you have an sudden illness or emergency, or death in the family, or state of emergencies in the visited country
- 24 hour access to help desk
Get a Quote from World Nomads
7 things you should know about World Nomads
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can extend your policy or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Understand what your policy ‘doesn’t’ cover
It’s just as important to know what your policy doesn’t cover. Be sure to read the fine print to understand the policy limitations!
Most policies don’t cover accidents involving extreme adventures such as bungee jumping or hang gliding etc unless you pay a premium for specific coverage. Drug or alcohol related incidents are not usually covered either. Medical insurance covered under your travel insurance policy is usually only related to travel accidents and incidents, and is there to protect you in the case of an emergency and, if needs be, get you home in a hurry.
Major travel agencies like STA Travel and Flight Centre offer their own travel insurance although I note that for my needs, coverage isn’t as broad as World Nomads packages.
There are a number of reasons that I use World Nomads: Purchasing and renewing insurance can be done simply and quickly online, a team of friendly and responsive staff members have provided answers to my queries via social media and the price of the insurance, offers good value.